Skip to main content

Real life includes a period

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mooncup--UK

Last night while perusing the Web for heavy period forums, I ran across a thread on Digital Spy UK edition where the women shared similar experiences to mine. I found helpful news articles and a product called a Mooncup which is exactly how you'd think it would be: it is a little cup that catches the flow. Some of the women said they have to empty it several times a day but when you compare that to using 32 tampons in two hours it is a better deal. (Yes, one woman in the thread had that as an issue and I can identify.) Article links: No Hysterectomies for Heavy Periods MensesEdu I'm reading some of this information now and in developing countries young girls and women may not have an eco-friendly alternative to sanitary pads. They are using cloths that are laundered--probably by hand--and then reused. Where would all of those women put used sanitary products? In a land field? I dunno. I'll keep reading...but one woman commented on the Mooncup facebook page that the

The pain is bearable but...

...it is unpleasant. I've already had two ibuprofen today. The pain actually started yesterday but went away. It started in enough time to prevent me from attending a school board meeting and put me to sleep through most of it until an hour before the end. I listened to the remainder on the school district radio station. Blimey. Anyhoo, here is an older video of me bleaching my hair: